Saturday, October 10, 2009

Where Did My Days Go?


What? It's that time again? Tick, tick, tick. I love life but have always wondered where all those minutes, hours, and days go. I know I can't retrieve them from yesterday, I can't add them up for tomorrow; I have to spend them right now! This very moment.

I love life but where did it go? A half a century and more, gone. Happy days, lonely days, sad days, long days, short days, troublesome days, exciting days. They all add up to a beautiful life! I couldn't of said that 17 years ago as every day seemed like it would never end. But today, I want more. Jesus and His people mean more to me than anything.

I want more time to love, time to give, time to savor and soak. Don't you? I used to waste time but today I find it a precious commodity. Well, I can't do anything about yesterday but I can choose differently today. Tick, tick, tick - life here I come!!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I think those minutes run away with the missing socks.....

Seriously, I think that Ephesians 5:16, "redeeming the time because the days are evil," indicates time is also a spiritual commodity. So each ticking, precious, spiritual minute you spend loving Jesus and His people, you spend for eternity.