Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tired and Weary

I see how our world is in so much chaos and how the buzz word in the church is "I'm busy". I wonder if we just stopped for a moment to get our tanks filled with God, how much more effective we would be in the kingdom of God. Why are we all so busy? What are we so tired and weary about? I'm included here. Sometimes I find myself weary in my prayers for my loved ones because I don't see things changing. Sometimes I get tired of my "to do" list. It can all weigh me down. I am so grateful that I can lean on God and He can carry me. In all of this, I am learning to give up control of situations and to trust Him for the outcome. I am so grateful that in my weakness, He is strong. Tired of being in the same situation or watching it go from bad to worse? Weary from trying t0 change things yourself instead of trusting God? You are not alone - we are all on the same journey. Be encouraged. God loves us and is on our team. He delights in us and wants us to delight in Him. He is our only source.

1 comment:

April Himes said...

Marilyn,

Isn't it so nice when we finally give the control over to God? Life suddenly gets so much easier and happier! (Why is it so hard to do?) I am excited to see so many posts on your site! Thank you for sharing with me, April